When it comes to health care in Canada, health information and quality of care are inextricably linked. Health information professionals transform data into valuable information that has a significant impact on the quality of health care that Canadians receive. Their work also influences operational decisions at health care institutions and informs policy and funding decisions being made across the country.
The Canadian Health Information Management Association and the Canadian College of Health Information Management, together the Organization, are on a mission to advance the health information profession and ensure quality health information along the continuum of care.
About the College
The Canadian College of Health Information Management is a national, not-for-profit corporation that sets the accreditation and standards of education for certification of the health information profession in Canada. The College protects the public interest by governing and regulating the professional practice of more than 4,300 certified health information members.
CHIMA is the national professional association for the health information profession in Canada, representing over 5,000 health information members from coast to coast to coast. It advocates for and monitors trends within the profession, creates networking opportunities, and facilitates continuing education for its members. CHIMA also connects members with employment opportunities at organizations within health care and beyond.
Manager of Academic Relations
About this role
We are looking for a manager who can help us deliver on our mandate to grow the health information profession, and its impact and influence while delivering on our strategic plan and operational goals. This individual will engage with our members, prospective partners, and colleagues to provide a positive experience through outreach, engagements, and delivery that align with our strategic plan and operating direction.
A self-starter and outcome-focused professional, this person will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working with clients in the health care sector and academic realms. They have an entrepreneurial spirit and can take ownership of their responsibilities, execute them, and achieve outcomes. This individual needs to be a critical thinker and problem solver.
This is a full-time permanent position, with eligibility for a health and dental plan, and pension.
- Desire to work from home in a virtual office environment
- Proven business development and relationship building experience
- Understanding of business development and sales cycles
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently, achieve goals and receive and implement feedback and input from senior leadership and colleagues
- Desire to work with others, and able to collaborate effectively
- Digitally savvy and willing to be trained on the Organization’s platforms (e.g., Microsoft Office 365)
- Five or more years of experience as an account manager or previous sales experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to quickly learn the value proposition of different products and solutions, where they stand in the market, and communicate this to clients
- Understanding of the post-secondary academic landscape in Canada
- A university degree, with a preferred focus on business, health sciences, or technology
- Fluency in French, both verbal and written
- Experience in healthcare, and/or health information
- Existing relationship with Canadian colleges and universities
- A CHIM designation
- Deliver on the organization’s strategic plan and operational goals, with a focus on developing and advancing new and existing partnerships with colleges and universities across Canada
- Manage, grow, and service partnerships
- Engage with new academic institutions to develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver on partnership milestones and commitments, while ensuring excellent customer service
- Seek out and bring into the organization best practices and market feedback to improve products and services, as necessary
- Schedule and attend meetings, conduct follow ups, create proposals and negotiate partnership terms with new and existing partners
- Input, track, and update sales forecasts, reports and systems, and spreadsheets with activities and information
- Track daily activities and ensure appropriate follow up on partner emails, phone calls, and meetings
- Ensure adherence to our brand and style guidelines in verbal and written communications and development of materials
- Liaise with internal operations staff to ensure the needs of clients are met in relation to accounts receivables and outstanding billings
- Understand and recognize sensitive situations, work with manager and appropriate team members to rectify issues, and come up with solutions
- Build relationships both internally and externally that reflect the organization’s culture and brand
- Ability to occasionally travel within Canada, as needed
This role requires applicants to reside in Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Organization is pan-Canadian with staff, chapters, and board members from both rural and urban landscapes. Recruitment is based on values—regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, or sexual orientation. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations will be made available in all aspects of the selection process.
We are proud of our commitment to lead a diverse group of individuals who bring different perspectives, experiences, and ideas to the health information profession.