CHIMA Annual Team Learning Subscription
On demand access to premium content developed for the health information profession.
Topics found in ATLS
Clinical documentation improvement
Classification & coding
Privacy & security
Release of information
Electronic health record
Build an annual team learning subscription for your organization
By creating a scaling cost model, we are able to help small to large organizations better afford
continuing education for their employees.
|Package||Number of employees||Employee Subscription Fee / Year|
Calculating your package
An organization pays CHIMA employee subscription fee. Each organization can determine afterwards if they’d like to deduct the employee portion from payroll or absorb the cost as a benefit to their staff.
Example cost for a team of 6 employees:
$6 x $150
6 x $150 employee subscription fee
Total ATLS cost
Frequently asked questions
Team owners and managers
Absolutely! Please fill out the contact form on this page and a CHIMA team member will be in touch to book an appointment.
|Package||Number of employees||Employee Subscription Fee / Year|
Each team subscriber will need to individually sign into their account to access the ATLS collection. It is through here they can complete each offering in order to track the progress of their own professional development. For subscribers who are CHIMA professional members, it is especially important for tracking their continuing professional education credits with the Canadian College of Health Information Management.
We encourage employers to have deeper discussions on the key takeaways their employees have gained through their learning.
You will be able to see when subscribers have last logged in to their account with CHIMA.
They will need to sign in to their CHIMA account and click on their name in the top-right corner to access their dashboard. A ‘My annual team learning subscription’ card will appear. By clicking to explore, they will see their ATLS collection and can individually add items to their cart to gain access.
The person responsible for the payment of an ATLS is considered the owner of their organization’s team. The owner will be able to invite team subscribers by sharing a join link or by adding in email addresses directly. There is an option to assign managers to assist with subscription management.
Yes. A CHIMA administrator will be able to assist you with this.
The person who purchased the subscription and assigned managers can adjust who gets the number of seats an organization has purchased. That’s done through their dashboard.
They will no longer have access to the ATLS collection of products for $0.
This depends on the product. We suggest going through the dashboard to access the ATLS collection for items that will be $0. If the item is not included in the ATLS collection, then a person will pay either the public price or preferred pricing associated with being a CHIMA member (e.g., student, affiliate, professional or retired).
A CHIMA Annual Team Learning Subscription gives you access to over 100 offerings for your team to learn from (e.g., HIP Week 2021, a 5-part leadership series, professional practice briefs, etc.).
A corporate pass is offered for individual products for groups of 5+ more staff (e.g., HIP Week 2021 exclusively).
- Sign in to your CHIMA account using the button at the top right of the home page
- You will be automatically redirected to your dashboard and will notice your name appear in the top right corner of the website, confirming that you are signed in
- Click on the ‘Explore’ button under My annual team learning subscription
- Click on the ‘Manage’ button under Subscription management
- You will see your team name listed on this page under the My team(s) heading
Sign in to your CHIMA account using the button at the top right of the home page. You will be automatically redirected to your dashboard and will notice your name appear in the top right corner, confirming that you are signed in.
If you are already logged in to your account, click your name in the top-right corner of the website. A drop-down menu will appear; from that menu, select My dashboard.
Before you can access your ATLS collection, you must accept the invitation through the email address you provided to the owner of the ATLS team. Please note that it is essential to accept the ATLS invitation through the same email address associated with your CHIMA account.
- Go to echima.ca.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button located in the top-right corner of the webpage.
- This will take you to a new page; enter your email address and password here.
- Click on the ‘Log-in’ button.
- After you have successfully logged in, leave this page open for the entirety of the ATLS invitation process.
- Navigate to your email inbox.
- Open the ATLS invitation email and follow the included instructions.
- Return to the echima.ca webpage where you logged into earlier to continue the set-up process.
Starting on the echima.ca homepage, you can now navigate to your dashboard to access your offerings.
- Click on your name in the top-right corner of the webpage; a drop-down menu will appear.
- Select the My dashboard option from the menu.
- Once in your dashboard, scroll down to the My annual team learning subscription card and click on the ‘Explore’ button.
- On the My collection card, select the ‘View collection’ button.
Within your collection, you can select any offering you are interested in completing. You will notice that each item’s price has been reduced to $0.00.
- Choose any product(s) you would like access to by clicking the ‘Add to cart’ button underneath the offering.
- After you’ve made your selections, click on the shopping cart icon at the top of the webpage.
- A drop-down menu will appear; click on the ‘View cart’ option to confirm you’ve selected the correct offerings.
- Once you are satisfied, scroll down and click on the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button.
- Enter your billing details and click on the ‘Place order’ button.
- Once you have completed the check-out process, go back to your dashboard.
- Click on the ‘View’ button underneath the My professional development card.
Here you can find the professional development offerings you have purchased by scrolling through the list or using the ‘Search’ function.
If you are a professional member, it is important to track your completed content to ensure that you maintain your CPE credit requirements. If you complete an offering through the My professional development area of your dashboard, your credit(s) will automatically track once you have completed the feedback form in the course.
Please follow these instructions to track your credits manually for offerings external to the CHIMA website, such as a live event.
- Go to your dashboard.
- Scroll down within your dashboard and click on the ‘Manage’ button under the Canadian College of Health Information Management card.
- Click on the “View” button under My CPE record.
- Scroll down on this page and click on the ‘Enter credits manually’ button.
- This will bring you to a form where you can input your credit information.
1. Empty your browser’s cache
2. Refresh echima.ca
3. Click on the green ‘reset your password’ button on the home page
4. Check for an email from CHIMA (it could end up in your junk folder)
5. Choose a NEW secure password
6. Sign in using your new details
7. If you still cannot access your account, please email [email protected]