The Canadian Health Information Management Lifecycle
This resource will provide a framework to help answer the following questions:
- What is the legal health record in a hybrid or electronic environment?
- How is information protected, shared, and exchanged across jurisdictions?
- How are data quality and data integrity maintained when data is collected from a number of different sources and devices?
- Who is the custodian of the health record in a shared environment?
This book offers considerations and guiding principles for the Canadian Health Information Management Lifecycle, including:
- Collection and capture of data and organization of the data into information
- Maintenance and preservation in a secure and private environment
- Use and disclosure via authorized and authenticated paths
- Final disposition and destruction
- Evaluation and maintenance of the entire process
An eBook version of the Canadian Health Information Lifecycle is also available.