Decision Support Advisor
Website https://careersen-trilliumhealthpartners.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&hashed=-435740567 Trillium Health Partners
THP is one of the largest community based hospitals
Position: Decision Support Advisor
Dept: Decision Support
Status: Full Time Permanent
Dept.Health System: Decision Support
Posted: January 25th, 2023
deadline: until filled
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital, the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Center at Humber. Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
We are currently looking for a Decision Support Advisor to join the Emergency Program. In this role, you will work within a highly dynamic environment and in a large inter-professional team to provide high level of care, promote, support and advocate for patients in the Emergency Department.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
At Trillium Health Partners we are passionate about our people, community and our patients! Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. Trillium Health Partners is the largest hospital in Ontario, comprised of Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities. Our mission is a new kind of healthcare for a healthier community, we rely on the strength, courage, expertise and diversity of our people who are committed to delivering exceptional care to our patients. We are committed to Being Better Together by attracting and retaining top talent.
Trillium Health Partners is an exciting and rapidly evolving organization that relies on data to drive decisions to enable our mission of providing a New Kind of Healthcare for a Healthier Community. Many levers – including funding reforms, population health, pandemic recovery planning, and clinical workforce pressures have created an urgency to better understand drivers of hospitals’ performance and the inter-relationships between financial, clinical, quality, people and patient experience data to inform decision-making. A key enabler to THP’s strategic plan is data and analytics, as such there’s been significant investments in a new Hospital Information System (EPIC), business intelligence and other statistical tools to enhance the analytics capability. The newly formed Performance and Business Intelligence portfolio is a key driver of this transformation and in collaboration with stakeholders across THP, will design, architect, govern and deploy high quality data and analytics to support performance insights, planning and decisions to enable THP’s mission. The Performance and Business Intelligence portfolio is made up of Decision Support and Case Costing, the Business Performance Office and the Business Intelligence Department.
WHAT WE PROMISE
Trillium Health Partners is committed to continuous development of our employees, using our learning and experiences to shape the future of health care analytics and help create a new kind of healthcare for a healthier community.
If you want to have an impact on improving health system performance and excited about data and analytics, this job is for you. We are building a new kind of healthcare for the highest growth hospital in Ontario, leveraging a newly implemented health information system. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a group that is evolving and to be able to use hospital data to help clinical leaders to drive decisions and tackle complex business questions. In this role you will be reporting to the Manager of Decision Support and will be responsible for:
- Engage in program operations, to provide integrated analysis and insights on program performance together with Finance, HR, Strategy Management Office, Business Performance Office, Quality to support clinical operations and external submissions
- Play a key role in the development BI tools (dashboards, reports) in support of hospital operations.
Educate various stakeholders on funding methodologies, and other clinical methodologies, including recommendations to enhance quality of care and optimize funding performance
- Project management to support the collection and reporting of new structural, process, and outcome indicators to internal and external stakeholders working closely with Business Intelligence Advisors.
- Knowledge transfer/exchange strategies with internal and external leaders regarding interpretation of reports and utilization of various business intelligence technologies (e.g. Power BI, SSRS, Excel etc.) to enhance decision making.
- Active engagement and coordination in the annual hospital planning cycle including financial, clinical, and statistical budgeting and forecasting models, strategic business case development, physician impact analyses, patient flow modeling, bed impact analyses, etc.
- Support evidence informed decisions through a range of analytics from descriptive to diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive
- Provide insights on patient experience results
- Identify risk and opportunities of funding in relation to clinical volumes
- Leverage case costing and other benchmarking data to inform efficiencies
- Forecast, track and measure key business metrics including but not limited to length of stay index, readmissions, clinic visits, to support data-driven decisions.
- University Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline (Graduate degree is preferred)
- Experience in Business Intelligence Tools (Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience with clinical datasets (DAD, NACRS, CCRS, NRS, OHMRS, etc.) submitted to the Canadian Institute for Health Information and case costing data.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Experience using IDS, Intellihealth and CIHI Portal for benchmarking purposes.
- Knowledge and understanding Patient Based funding.
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and statistical analysis
Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff including physicians, patient service leaders, Ministry Representatives and various other internal/external client groups
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
- Working knowledge of MOHLTC Reporting and MIS Guidelines.
- Sound organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task, adapt to shifting priorities and meet conflicting deadlines and tight turnaround timelines.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking skills, and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Open-minded and eager to learn
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Canadian College of Health Information Management recommends the following language to be used when hiring a certified professional: A certification in good standing with the Canadian College of Health Information Management and active professional membership with Canada’s health information management association, CHIMA.
To apply for this job email your details to Laprincia.firstname.lastname@example.org