Health Information Professional-2 (HP02)
Website Réseau de santé Vitalité NB
Language: Bilingual essential, Location: Zone 5 – Restigouche (Vitalité), Type: Permanent Full Time, _Management and Business Professional – Campbellton, New Brunswick – Full-time, Permanent
Competition #:5-22190 EXT
Posted:December 19, 2022
Campbellton Regional Hospital ~ Restigouche ~ Vitalité Health Network ~ Health Network
Job Classification:Health Information Professional-2 (HP02)
Job Classification Type:MSP
Job Type:Full-time Permanent
Salary:$25.45 to $31.12 per hour
NOTE: Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT :MSP
ZONE : Zone 5 – Restigouche
FACILITY : Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Archives
CLASSIFICATION: Health Information Professional 2 (HP02)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : January 2023
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour shifts – days
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the authority of the Manager of Reception, Admitting and Health Records, the incumbent will perform at an advanced level all technical duties related to managing, coding, processing, accessing and protecting the information contained in health records.
- Successful challenge of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) National Certification Exam / valid CHIMA certificate and member in good standing with CHIMA;
- Successful completion of a Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) recognized Health Information Management (HIM) program;
- Computer skills, especially with the Meditech system, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and 3M;
- Knowledge of the legislation and regulations governing the disclosure of information;
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, pharmacology and medical and surgical procedures;
- Ability to set priorities and good organizational skills;
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Availability to travel within Vitalité Health Network’s territory in the respective zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
To apply, visit www.vitalitenb.ca and click on career center and search with the competition number.
The Canadian College of Health Information Management recommends the following language to be used when hiring a certified professional: A certification in good standing with the Canadian College of Health Information Management and active professional membership with Canada’s health information management association, CHIMA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org