Health Information Management Professional – Full-Time, Permanent Opportunity
Website Northern Health Region
Health People, Healthy North!
Health Information Management Professional – Relocate to The Pas or Thompson, Manitoba
Northern Health Region – Canada
COME FOR A CAREER, STAY FOR THE LIFESTYLE!
The NHR is full of opportunity! We offer the perfect setting for a diverse and rewarding work environment. This is a place where your professional ambitions can be realized. Our friendly and supportive staff will help make you feel right at home. We are progressive in supporting you through continuing education and leadership development. We encourage ongoing education as a way to foster your personal and professional growth.
Why Relocate for This Opportunity?
- Competitive Salary
- Up to $5,000 in Relocation Assistance
- Interim Accommodations/Rent Reimbursement
- A Comprehensive Benefit Program (Health, Dental, Pension, Life Insurance, Disability & Rehabilitation, Employee Assistance Plan)
- Continuing Education
- Retention Allowance (up to $6,250 annually)
- New – Critical Staffing Incentive of $6.00/hr for those working in an Acute Care setting
What’s Life Is Like Here?
If an active lifestyle appeals to you, you’ll love our Region. Crystal clear lakes, seemingly endless boreal forests and more. Our four-season playground was made for everything from golfing, hiking, skiing, sailing, fishing, hunting and snowmobiling. Watch these videos for a taste of what is available in:
The Pas Manitoba and area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Rg3cWdZ1k
Thompson Manitoba and area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGvEq28c_30
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Health Information Management Program
- Certification with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) with ongoing completion of CPE credits, in compliance with CHIMA certification, to maintain skill level and continuing education
- Completion of an accredited coding specialist course an asset
- Experience in Crystal Report writing an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a Health Information Management department, including coding and abstracting
- Experience working in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)/Electronic Patient Record (EPR)
- Knowledge of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and other healthcare related legislation
- Accurate word processing at 55 words per minute (typing test will be required)
About the Job: The Health Information Management Professional is responsible for the overall management of health records within facilities throughout the Northern Health Region. Contributing to client care, outcomes, and safety through the provision of accurate, complete, timely and accessible health records. Supports the client by advocating for and monitoring the privacy, security and confidentiality of personal health information.
The Canadian College of Health Information Management recommends the following language to be used when hiring a certified professional: A certification in good standing with the Canadian College of Health Information Management and active professional membership with Canada’s health information management association, CHIMA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org