When it comes to health care in Canada, health information and quality of care are inextricably linked. Health information professionals transform data into valuable information that has a significant impact on the quality of health care that Canadians receive. Their work also influences operational decisions at health care institutions and informs policy and funding decisions being made across the country
The Canadian Health Information Management Association and the Canadian College of Health Information Management, together the Organization, are on a mission to advance the health information profession and ensure quality health information along the continuum of care.
CHIMA is the national professional association for the health information industry in Canada, representing over 5,000 health information members from coast to coast to coast. It advocates for and monitors trends within the health information industry, creates networking opportunities, and facilitates continuing education for its members. CHIMA also connects members with employment opportunities at organizations within health care and beyond.
About the College
The Canadian College of Health Information Management is a national, not-for-profit corporation that sets the accreditation and standards of education for certification of the health information profession in Canada. The College protects the public interest by governing and regulating the professional practice of more than 4,300 certified health information members.
About this role
We are looking for an account coordinator who can engage with our members, partners, and colleagues to provide a positive experience through client engagements that align with our strategic plan and operating direction.
This person will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working with clients in the health care sector and beyond, including in the corporate, not-for-profit, and academic realms. They have an entrepreneurial spirit and can take ownership of their responsibilities, execute them, and achieve outcomes.
This is a contract position, with up to 40 hours per month, length to be determined with the chosen candidate with a possibility for extension. There are no benefits or pension during the contract term.
- Desire to work from home in a virtual office environment
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently, receive feedback, and collaborate with others
- Digitally savvy and willing to be trained on the Organization’s platforms (e.g., Microsoft Office 365)
- Two or more years of experience as an account manager or previous sales experience in a professional environment
- Two or more years of customer service experience (e.g., health care, hospitality, retail, etc.)
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) to ensure accurate and grammatically correct public-facing content
- Able to quickly learn the value proposition of different products and solutions, where they stand in the market, and communicate this to clients
- A degree or diploma in business
- Understanding of the Canadian healthcare landscape as asset
- Fluency in French, both verbal and written
- Work closely with the director of national partnerships to create client proposals and deliver on commitments, while adhering to our partnership processes for securing new partners and up-selling existing ones
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on delivery of partner-related activities
- Liaise with clients to ensure their content is administered and managed effectively on CHIMA’s Learning Centre
- Ensure adherence to our brand and style guidelines
- Liaise with internal operations staff to ensure the needs of clients are met in relation to accounts receivables and outstanding billings
- Understand and recognize sensitive situations and work with the appropriate team members to address any issues that may arise
- Build relationships with clients that reflect our positive culture and brand
This role requires applicants to reside in Canada.
The Organization is pan-Canadian with staff, chapters, and board members from both rural and urban landscapes. Recruitment is based on values—regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, or sexual orientation. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations will be made available in all aspects of the selection process.
We are proud of our commitment to lead a diverse group of individuals who bring different perspectives, experiences, and ideas to the health information industry/profession.
Applicants can send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please use subject line: Account Coordinator
December 31, 2020