CHIMA is working to populate resources so that members can have easy access to COVID-19 updates. If your organization has been using additional reputable sources, please share them with us at [email protected].
COLLEGE-APPROVED CPE ACTIVITIES
Various organizations have published COVID-19 courses and events applicable for CHIMA’s professional members to obtain CPE credits. Please click here to view the available opportunities.
– Protect yourself: including advice for the public on masks, myths, and the workplace
– Country & technical guidance: downloadable articles including risk communication and community engagement, naming the coronavirus disease, guidance for institutions, surveillance, rapid response teams, case investigation, country-level coordination, planning, monitoring, and more
– Situation reports and dashboard; track the most recent statistics and updates from the World Health Organization
– Online training: including courses eligible for CPE credits (see below)
– Research and development: including a full database of publications on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), updated daily, Monday through Friday
– COVID-19 updates, prevention and risk, symptoms, and treatment
– Preparation: tips for caring for those who are ill, picking up prescriptions, etc.
– Travel advice: travel advisories, safety and security abroad
– Canada’s response: economic and financial support for Canadians
– FAQs about Coronavirus and COVID-19
– Various podcasts with infectious disease physicians, public health experts, and professors
– Important terms to know
DATA SOURCES & VISUALIZATION
This dashboard allows you to view countries, areas, or territories with cases.
ViriHealth compiles case information from government health ministry websites daily.
Graphs of the total number of cases and daily cases by province.
Esri dashboard Various visual representations of the reported data for the coronavirus pandemic.
CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION IMPROVEMENT
These Canadian clinical documentation improvement (CDI) query templates (PDF format) can be further adapted by organizations across Canada to suit their needs.
CLASSIFICATION AND CODING
Direction on how health information professionals should code instances of COVID-19. Updates are being made frequently.
CIHI: COVID-19 resources Most recent public data CIHI has available on a number of topics that relate to COVID-19 including health care workers, hospitals and emergency departments, beyond the hospitals, health care spending, and your health system. There are also external data sources. Updates are being made frequently.
CIHI: Support request (eQuery)Search CIHI’s repository of answers on data-related topics, or submit your questions for CIHI products and services.
Relevant resources including tips to respond to employee anxiety about COVID-19, tips to support mental health amid concerns of COVID-19 pandemic, and more.
Various topics including improving your mental health, information on mental illness, disorders and diseases, suicide prevention, and mental health services available to all Canadians.
CAMH is Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. Find FAQ’s and information on dealing with isolation, supporting a loved one, stigma, and prejudice. There are also a few tests including a perceived stress scale (PSS) test and a GAD-7*test that screens for symptoms of anxiety.
COVID-19 coping strategies for kids on topics such as isolation, social distancing, and feeling alone.
Resources including coping with anxiety, stress and supporting children. CSPS responders are here to provide support if you are in crisis. Please call, toll-free 1-833-456-4566 24/7, or text* CSPS at 45645, from 4PM – 12AM Eastern.
PERSONAL HEALTH & WELLNESS
Heart & Stroke | Get healthy
Helpful resources on various topics such as recipes, healthy eating, reducing stress, staying active, and the health of kids.
Mindful.org | COVID resources
“Mindful is a mission-driven non-profit. We’re dedicated to inspiring, guiding, and connecting anyone who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a compassionate society.”
COVID-19 CRISIS TACTICS
Karen Pietrangelo, MHS, BA, CHIM, will be working to curate crisis tactics that are submitted to CHIMA from across the country. Please submit these to [email protected]
All updates pertaining to COVID-19 are available on our blog under the tag COVID-19. Visit the blog for more.
All content found on the echima.ca website, including text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the emergency department, or call 911 immediately.
How are you keeping during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our Association cares about your well-being. We know you might be feeling the effects of economic uncertainty and are adjusting to physical distancing requirements, sudden caregiving duties, or managing stress levels. We want to hear from you to understand how best we can support you due to COVID-19.