If you have been decertified for less than three (3) years, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for recertification:
- Provide proof of one (1) HIM Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit accumulation for every month or portion thereof for the period of time of decertification up to the date that CHIMA receives the Recertification Application Form (e.g., if you were decertified in February 2013 and recertify in April 2013, you are required to provide proof of 3 CPE credits);
- Pay the applicable recertification fee*; and
- Pay the annual membership fee plus applicable tax.
|Recertify post-decertification||Recertification fee scale|
|< or = to 1 year||$125|
|> 1 year = to 2 years||$200|
|> 2 years to < 3 years||$275|
If you have been an inactive certified professional member for equal to or greater than three (3) years, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for recertification:
- Successfully rewrite the national certification examination according to the examination policy, fee structure, and rules; and
- Pay the recertification fee of $125.00.
To request recertification documents, please contact [email protected] attn: Alisha Peto.